Thursday, November 03, 2005

Saturday

This past Saturday was going really well. Met up with Tits for her last-minute shopping. Met Quasimodo after a long time. We were just 3 gals hitting town, shopping out, giggling maniacally, acting seriously juvenile and all such things that go hand-in-hand with the above scenario. Felt elated at the end of the day for all the good shopping we managed. [More elation at the thought that all the heavy bills would be footed by the parent comapny of said Tits. Yay!]
And so we trudged to Chez Tits, with many, many obscene bags of goodies.

And we were still in mid-grin, when we noticed something on the telly.
Familiar sinking feeling in the abdominal area. Familiar slow-mo sitting down, and sudden silence as we quietly watched the ugliness unfold.
Shiny, happy people out to enjoy 2 of the biggest festivals of their worlds. Having fun times just like we were having that day. And then, in a matter of moments, their lives were turned over, messed up.

News stories about incomprehensible things like this always manage to hit me hard. Oftentimes I'll be sobbing while watching documentaries by BBC [who do a very good job of it]. I'll watch the late night news and go to sleep disturbed and , there's no other word for it, sad. So, of course the Delhi blasts left me upset for the entire night. I was full to overflowing with opinions, anger, disappointment and what-have-you.

And then, just like that, I clean forgot. Got on with life, wot.
And I really find that quite disturbing. On a personal level.
I believe I was seething, raging, fuming, yadda-yadda-yadda on Saturday, when I watched the news streaking in across various channels. Ready to jump up and bellow out at whoever-the-hell-they-thought-they-were.
So, what is this? What's up with my mind? How gross.
That's about it. Now I'm disgusted, so I'll just leave off.

No comments: