Saturday, December 03, 2005

Watched Hook perform at Central last Friday. Vot a vonderfuls. I shall not rave much about the Ostrich, or the Shanks or the Prakashes, that make up said band. In a word, they were brilliance.

Very bizarre setting for the performance though. A mall. With 2 freaky kids causing Boomsa and me much discomfort and annoynace. Boomsa esp, since one of the kids was dressed in a strangely revolting polka-dotted pink thingy.

Post show, we headed onwards and upwards to the food court and I had me a chicken stroganoff. From an over the counter fast-food stall. In my defense I have to say I was very hungry. And so, I enjoyed even that.

Interesting aside: Was stared out of countenance by a lady sitting across from me. For the entire duration of my meal. Because we were of the same religious leanings and I looked so outwardly? Boo and friend were amused. They were certain that it was a stare-marathon with penultimate Matriminial Objective. Haha, I say. If only the lady knew!

And then..... Most interesting incident occurred as I vroomed away to my new digs. Was zipping along on a nice clean, open stretch of M.G.Road, doing a comfortable 40-50 kph, when from out of nowhere, a soddy and very smashed old man dragged his bicycle and started walking across the road. MoBiker Man in front of me screeches and swerves just in time. Myself, not so lucky. I screech, I swerve, and I fall. And get dragged along for a few seconds.
Contrary to popular belief, your life does not flash before your eyes in the last few seconds. Or whatever. Nope.
What I was wondering as I looked back in slo-mo at the oncoming traffic, helmet scraping ground beautifully all the while, was, which one of these lucky vehicles is going to *whump* over me in a bit. Not pleasant, but highly practical thinking, if I may say so myself.

Sweet, touching events unfolded once I had finished my Impressive Skideroo. A magical crowd gathered up to gather me. Some kind soul handed me my mobile phone which had made an escape bid onto the road. Some other kind soul handed me my toe ring. Wha..? How?

I have this to say about sudden accidents. The shock that kicks in for the first few minutes after is really very, very interesting. You get a third-person take on yourself. Sort of disembodied feel. Very nice, I say. I don't need to try drugs if I keep this up.

SO anyway, collected myself in about 10 minutes. Bid fond farewell to the sidewalk where I had been sitting.
On reaching home, found that the kurta I had been wearing [*sniff* one of my favourites too, from Brahma], had been rudely torn apart through my fleece jacket- also ripped; and my jeans were on their last legs. Had painful but necessary hot bath and thanked The UpAbove for letting me hang around here for a bit more.

No comments: