My best time of the day: Post suhur [the prescribed pre-dawn meal during our fasts], when I've cleaned up in the kitchen, everything that needs to go back in the fridge has, and I have settled down for Fajr [the morning prayer]. After Fajr, some tilaawat, lots and lots of dua'as and assorted durood shareefs, which are really beautiful since I more or less understand the Arabic in the different duroods. [One of my favorite duroods is Durood-e-Taj. And then I find this on the web. I am disturbed. Anybody?]
Anyway, after my favorite time of the day, I go to sleep. [:-)] *gasp*
Other random points, being thumbs down-s:
1. Ramadan is not about not eating. I don't understand how a Muslim can get up in order to stuff face till the last permissible minute and then immediately go to sleep after, without even offering Fajr. *shudder*
2. And then to forget about the prayers during the day, leave off shaving [men], act lazy, lethargic and martyred [why for???] but get all perked up in time for the Feast that is Iftar. *shudder again*
3. Watching TV is not more important than Suhur or Iftar. Particularly watching item gaanas to while away the time.
4. Hullo? Lying is forbidden anyway, try not to do it while you're fasting at least.
5. Pigging out at Iftar and Sehri is uncool. And not propagated anywhere. Why act like it's the last meal you'll ever be having?
6. Think about this month in terms of what you've been taught all your life, the example your parents have set for you and the sense of personal responsibility that you really should have if you're old enough to fast.
Ugh. I'm mad.