Some Indian commercials over the years that I really liked:
1. The Limca Ad: Last year's O&M Limca offering: Sushma Reddy, Niketan Madhok and very, very lovely track. "Fuhaare, pohchaahre...".
Who is the singer, ma? This here blog, What An Advertise-Meant? has all the answers.
2. The Happy Dent ad: You know. THAT one. McKann Erickson gave us this treat. Rajasthan, dusk, palace grounds, vintage car, silly tennis in saree, Thakur in dining room and....lights! Hilarious, great concept. Esp. loved the disco lights bit. ;)
And again, superb music.
(Mera dil roshan, mera mann roshan...Toh jahaaaaaaaaaan roshannn....)
Wha-heyyyy, remember their earlier ad? Ismail Studios? Har har de har.
3. Hutch/Vodafone ads. Most of them are just plain nice. Actually decided on my first mobile connection based on the advertising. Meaning, Hutch beat Airtel like anything. I only found out later that wherever I went their network didn't really follow, but... Oh, guess what? These ones have great music as well. I'm seeing a trend.
4. Amul: Utterly, Butterly Fun Commercials.
5. Doodh, doodh, doodh, doodh, wonderful doodh! Love that.
6. Orbit chingum: With Dr Batavadekar was it? Mmmmppffff. How Orbit changed his life! And ours. ("White, white, Orbit white. It does not rhyme, but it's troooo.")
7. Cadbury's ads but without any trace of Amitabh Bachchan/Cyrus/other 'celebs'. I cannot stress this last part too much. The all-time favourite ad with the cricket match/girl trespassing onto field. Even the mehndi ad is nice.
8. Coca Cola and Aamir Khan: Fantastic series of ads some years ago. His 'paanch ka chhaap', the tapori ad and the Hyderabadi one. Nuts.
9. Eve-teasing ad on Aaj Tak: The old gentleman is kickass. The bleddy loafarrs are too.
10. Channel [V] 'Wear a Helmet' ad: Biker dude and "Born to be wiiiiiiiiiiiild!" track. Then, splat.
Also, their 'Brought to you Bai' series.
11. H-H-H-H-Heinz... Haahahahhaha. Have a watch:
Must be more. Can't remember now.